Friday, October 14, 2011

new things #2: being homeless + moneyless

Haha.. these two things sound so miserable, dont they? Well, I have never ever had these two things in my life, they're just some things that happen to other people that I read on the newspapers or in the books. Now, in here, I get to experience them: being homeless, being moneyless, me alone, here, by myself. :P

How hard and horrible it is to find a place to stay in Paris is basically a basic knowledge that every foreigner that comes to Paris to stay just has to know, especially if you only want to stay here for several months, like me! So, when I first got to Paris, I basically desperately asked someone that I know to let me stay in her place until I get my own place.

Me:
  • I am not a french, 
  • I dont speak french 
  • I have no guarant (in Paris, some landlords would ask for a guarant, which is someone who would take responsibility of your financial problems, just in case if something bad happened, like if suddenly I just ran away without paying the rent)
  • I am an Asian and I am not a white (I dont have the slightest intention to be racist here, its just a matter of fact)
And with those, my next first three weeks in Paris was basically full of: a whole bunch of rejections, disappointment, homesickness, loneliness, get drenched in the rain, walking for .. I dont know.. some far kilos til my feet bleed and sore, cold, well to sum it up with, it was one of the worst time of my life.
Luckily, after going through all sorts of nasty stuffs, after three week, I found a place to stay!! (yaaayyy...!! :D) Its not big, but its nice, close to school and everywhere, including the Eiffel, cause its in kind of in the center of the city, comes with a complete bathroom, the kitchen, and the kitchen and dining utensils, and with a pretty good price. Now, its all paid up! :D Yeah, being homeless is definitely one of the saddest things..



these are the snapshots of the studio that I'm staying at now 

Now, the only problem that I'm still facing is being moneyless. haha.. since all the bureaucracy and all the papers in the bank is still having technical problem, I still cant withdraw any money from my account. I dont even know if they already sent me my money. T_T Now, I am still living on the money that I brought here from home. Uh.. I hope everything is gonna be alright, it just bothers me so much..

Not in Indonesia nor in America I would ever had to face these kind of problems. I would always had my parents, or Mom (in America) to depend on. Here, well, its all about new things right? :D 
Wish me lots of luck people! 



    2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    loh?? luck.. ga ada housefam kyak ndek amrik ta? :o

    Willarda Lucky said...

    hahah.. gada, ini independen banget. :)