Friday, January 6, 2012

Two Friends, A Miracle, Five Countries, and More Dreams -- Amsterdam

This winter break I've been having a wonderful vacation. Finally I get the chance to travel around Europe, along with one good friend of mine from school, Dhatu. This kind of chance can only be described as a miracle, for back then when we only joked around in classes, we would never even have imagined to be able to travel around Europe together, and now here we are. :D 
On this Eurotrip, we managed to travel to five different countries, starting from France, the Netherlands, Belgium, Chech, and ended at Hungary. 

The Netherlands
AMSTERDAM
Our travel to this 'orange country' started from Dhatu's dream since he was little to go to this country and my dream also after reading 'Negeri Van Oranje'. Our first destination was this biggest city in the Netherlands, Amsterdam. We hit Amsterdam at about 5 in the afternoon. After got a bit lost and all the hassle of getting oriented in this strange place, we finally managed to get to the hostel we already booked before. Luckily, this hostel was located in the central of Amsterdam, so we just needed to walk a bit to get to almost all of the sights we wanted to visit and see. 

Madam Tussaud Museum





James Bonds

My favorite James Bond! :D

Bakso, Nasi Goreng Mr Obama?


Um, this guy....

Mr Mahatma Gandhi!

I'd rather be with Jacob, but I guess Edward is not too bad.. LOL

Mr Michael Jackson! Thrillerrrr!!! 


Uh, Mr Macho Cage!



'Alejandro'!!

My handsome Mr Jon Bon Jovi!! 


Congrats on the engagement, Mr Timberlake!

Eh, I cant hear you Mr Einstein, what are you trying to whisper to me?? 

Mr Rooonaaalldiiinhoooo

aaaaaaaaarghh the ball is coming!!!!

Cant you even catch up with me??

Noo women no cryyy... *sing

We look good together mr Bono!







save meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Around the city...











red light district

































One weak point of going on a winter vacation is that the weather would likely be really cold and bad. This was what happened to us during our first night in Amsterdam. It was freezing, rainy, and windy, to sum up, it was not exactly the kind of weather you would like to travel in. However, the weather didnt make me less happy to be in Amsterdam. It was gorgeous, with the canals, the bicycles, and the boats, and also the christmas lights, and the christmas tree that were adding up a merry christmas vibe to the night. I was totally high, I kept screaming and skipping like a child along the street and in the center of the city. LOL












Happy to find an Indonesian restaurant. However, it was really expensive that we didnt even consider of going in. LOL


Volendam

We were so lucky to get a summer-like day in the middle of the winter after a freezing rain the night before. Uhh.. I loved it in Volendam, it was so beautiful! The thing is that I met and saw so many Indonesians, until I wonder, am I really in Europe, or did I just got thrown back to Indonesia by some freaky machine or something.. :P







































































No comments: